Wojciech Odrobina What is architecture In many dictionaries and writings on this subject, it is said that architecture is an art, in some it is mentioned that it is the art and technique associated with projecting, constructing and modifying living spaces.
Wojciech Odrobina What is architecture?
In reality, architecture is an excellent combination of knowledge, which allows the specialized person, in this case, the architect, to delve into the needs of people and translate them into projects that mean spaces for their development, such as Example: houses, offices, shops, industries, recreation, culture, services dedicated to health, whether public or private, and all kinds of buildings with different uses and functions.
Tools offered by the architecture:
Therefore, architecture is a profession that gives the architect the tools to capture what is needed in terms of:
– Spatial quality of the environments
Having, in some cases, specialize in certain types of projects, which require it, so that they can comply with the special rules and characteristics that they must have, such as, for example, sanitary, urban planning or landscaping projects.
The role of the architect:
In this type of profession, the architect is capable of modifying the context in which life unfolds, improving with his designs and constructions the habitat of those who have trusted his skills and techniques to make it so.
Since ancient times, the architect meant the one who builds, the boss or authority who designs and builds. In our days, that has been the work that all these professionals dedicated to architecture, plan cities, subdivisions, buildings of all kinds and of course be up to date with new construction techniques. The architect must also be part of a team of engineering professionals, who make it possible for a project to be carried out with the best conditions for structural, sanitary and electrical design, which are the basis of all construction along with the architectural project.
Wojciech Odrobina types of architecture
Among the most significant types of architecture we can mention the following:
* Historical or stylistic architecture: this type of architecture is defined depending on the historical cycle where it has been developed and its design style, such as classical, baroque, modern, contemporary, minimalist, etc.
* Popular architecture: What is popular architecture? It is the one that arises spontaneously, with the use of the materials available, the designs and construction are given by the generational tradition, without the participation of professionals in this career. Currently, this type of architecture relegated to underdeveloped sectors of the communities.
* Sustainable or ecological architecture: What is sustainable architecture? It is the one that is governed by certain designs for energy saving, taking advantage of the climatic, topographic and contextual characteristics of the area.
* The organic architecture refers to the one that is designed giving priority to the functionality and it seeks harmony with the natural environment.
Wojciech Odrobina What is architecture according to its functionality?
Depending on the function that is fulfilled in a project, you can find different types of architecture, among which we find the following:
– Residential architecture:
Single-family and multi-family homes.
– Cultural architecture:
What is cultural architecture?
Spaces dedicated to teaching, such as schools of different levels.
Spaces dedicated to the arts such as exhibition halls, concert halls, theaters, art galleries, auditoriums for theater, dance and other artistic performances.
Religious facilities such as churches, spaces for religious services.
Funeral homes and cemeteries, services that are within the cultural aspects of a region.